ReadEasy Move 2
A portable machine that translates any printed text (e.g. letters, bank statements, books, recipes, product packaging) into crystal clear speech within seconds.
Price: £1,595 (ex VAT)Read more
If you are someone with low vision, this is an ideal tool if you want to maintain your independence with reading. It works well if you are finding it difficult to read with a magnifying glass or have a learning disability. This might be an option to consider if you have been using a video magnifier and are now not able to fit enough characters onto to the screen at your desired reading speed. When using video magnifiers the constant movement of text on the screen can make users feel tired or nauseous. The ReadEasy Move 2 eliminates this as it reads the text to you rather than you reading it yourself. If you have degenerative eye condition then this system can be used for now and the future.
It translates any printed text into crystal clear speech within seconds by using human sounding voices it makes it easier to understand what is being read out by the machine. Letters, bank statements, books, recipes, product packaging etc. are all read with ease. The ReadEasy Move 2 has been specifically designed to be as simple as possible to set up and use. With its intuitive control system it uses one button operation to capture documents which means that it is perfect for small children or elderly users. It has a tactile design which means it is possible for users with different levels of vision including blindness to use it
- An easy to use system with its single button press to start the capture and reading process.
- Uses the latest camera and optical recognition software to ensure that text is read out as accurately as possible.
- Uses natural sounding human sounding voices and a custom built 6 watt RMS stereo speaking system that ensures that there is no better sounding reading machine.
- It has a stylist design with a folding detachable camera. Tactile buttons makes it easy to use for all ages.
- It’s compact design means that it takes up a small space on any desk, it’s compact design also means that the ReadEasy Move is the lightest free standing reading machine weighing 1.60kg. This means that it is extremely portable.
- An integrated foldable carrying handle making it effortless and safe to move from room-to-room
- It can read almost any shaped surface be it flat or rounded. The camera system also ensures that it is possible to capture deep into the spines of books without having to flatten them. This is a great feature for use when cooking – e.g. when reading tins or packets of food.